I am looking to start building my own home automation system. This will include all the standard stuff such as temperature and light control but with a few extras such as oil level, windows door states (open/closed) etc. Full list at bottom.
What I’m looking to do is bring lots of stuff into the workspace and have people build and test systems that I could later install into my house. I was looking to do this over 2 days on a weekend sometime between the 13th Dec and the 5th Jan. I would like to get lots of ideas down on paper before the event so I have time to buy the stuff. I’m looking for designers, programmers and anyone wanting to get invlolved with coding, electronics and mechanical things.
I was going to keep this project for myself but thought it would be great for farset to get in on and I could do with a little technical know how. All equipment will obviously be provided by myself which I will buy prior but I will also be able to pop out at any time to get more things that are needed during the event period.
Please let me know your thoughts and any problems you guys might think of.
Ideas so far
- Lights turn on when you walk into a room and off when out.
- Turn the heating on when away from the house and also temp control from phone/tablet.
- Touch screen panels around the house to control features from.
- Oil level and warning system when low.
- Water butt level.
- Remote door access over internet with camera at front door to see who is there.
- Window and external door sensors so when you leave the house a panel at the front door will tell you if any are open.
- Notification via text if a door or window has been opened whilst away.